Remember when I told you to keep your eyes peeled for my Guest Blogger Holiday Gift Guide Series – well open them up, it is here! Today I am thrilled to introduce to you one of the city’s most connected and social gals, and not to mention a great friend of mine, Zeina. If you don’t already follow her on Twitter, you can change that by clicking here, she is always entertaining and honest – you won’t be disappointed! Now let’s get to it, you’re in for a treat!
1. There is something extremely sexy about a fierce pair of combat boots. They are perfect to dress down and party approved for a night out on the town. You can pair them with an off the shoulder sweater dress or keep it casual with jeans and a sweater. Combat boots demand confidence – I kind of dig that.
2. I can’t pin-point when my obsession with nail polish flourished into a full blown addiction but I welcome it with open arms. Nail art is the coolest new way to express yourself and everyone is talking about it. However, with so many colors and trends, organization and clutter-free storage is an absolute necessity! What’s neat about this carousel is that it can be a simple DIY project during the holidays and there are plenty of Pinterest inspired examples to help you get started. Go on now, organize your life!
3. What is better than a friday night with your girlfriends, laughing and enjoying a delicious cocktail? A cocktail that was under 100 calories. If we’re going to be honest with ourselves, people telling us that our drink of choice is ‘fattening’ has not really stopped us from indulging during our weekly girls night rituals. Skinny girl vodka is smooth, crisp and refreshing all at the same time. Bethenny Frankel is a genius and this very successful line has recently expanded to include plenty of flavours to excite your palate. My personal favourite is a yummy island coconut vodka.
4. Anyone who knows me can attest to the following two things; 1) I am ALWAYS on my iPhone and 2) over the years I have lost a wallet/purse at the bar more than once. So you can imagine the great joy I take in discovering this life-saving item they call the ‘iPhone wristlet’. Innovation meets chic and practical meets compact with this stylish answer to your prayers. You can keep your important IDs safe and stow cash in it while hittin’ the clubs. There is nothing more suitable this holiday season for a city socialite than a MK (or Kate Spade) iPhone wristlet.
5. I remember the first time I saw a friend of mine with her newly purchased Marc Jacobs’ laptop case. She looked so comfortable yet stylish with this sleek and colourful handbag. As I sat across from her at Starbucks with my bulky black laptop bag, I was burning with envy. This is the kind of case you need for it to be socially acceptable to sit at coffee shops with your cute macbook and fill the world in on your life through 140 characters.
6. Sweaters have always been one of my favourite go-to attire in the brisk and chilly winter months. I love the warmth they bring and how they hug my skin while I sip on hot chocolate, curled up on my couch watching some trashy reality TV. The newest trend in winter clothing includes these cute heart cut out shapes on the back of sweaters. It’s a great way to still feel sexy when you have so many layers on.
7. For some reason, the chance to party one more time in 2012 before starting fresh and swearing off pizza is really a great feeling. Every year, I look forward to New years eve and more importantly — my New Years eve outfit. In my mind, I picture a classy black lace dress with these beautiful Princess Ribbon Pave’ earrings. They are flashy but not too in-your-face and I think they will compliment and complete the look. I can’t wait to look and feel like a million bucks!
8. These new white leopard print shoes from Nike are the best thing since sliced bread or at least since plain-jane boring runners. These sneakers scream “look at me, I have leopard print shoes on and they’re comfortable”! What I love most about them is the femininity and interesting colour blocking. Good job Nike on a refreshing and fashionable approach to classic sportswear.
9. My addiction to my iPhone is no secret (refer to item 4) and it’s not slowing down anytime soon. All the apps and communication tools literally have me hanging onto every word. So it should come as no surprise that I feel nothing short of an anxiety attack when my battery levels are below 20% – which is often due to my excessive use. When I stumbled upon the power charger battery bank, I thought to myself “this can’t be real”. You mean to tell me that I can charge my phone while using it on the go? I expect flying cars next.
10. Pictures are a great way to tell a story – your story. From silly nights out with your girlfriends to beautiful trips around the world with your family, a picture really is worth a thousand words. With vintage fashion dominating the world, what better blast from the past then this vintage polaroid 1970’s camera. Now you can just snap a photo with this iconic camera and upload to Facebook without the workings of instagram filters. I don’t know about you but I would be ecstatic if I was greeted with this gem of a gift on Christmas morning.
Happy Holidays and good luck shopping!