Who doesn’t love cookies for breakfast?! I know I do – but the thought of dessert to start the day makes me feel ever-so guilty. What if you could indulge without that feeling? This raw, vegan, gluten free recipe is the answer to your cookie prayers.
Salted Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from: A House In The Hills
- 1 cup of pitted dates (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (just peanuts)
- Slightly less than 1 cup of almond flour (or 1 cup of almonds ground into flour)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- coarse sea salt
- Combine all ingredients (except for the salt) in a food processor and blend until a dough like consistency is formed. This is take about 5 minutes. It is okay if you still have a few larger pieces of dates. I would not recommend attempting this recipe if you do not have a food processor or an extremely high power blender.
- Remove dough and roll into 12 balls. Flatten each one (with a fork if you want the traditional PB cookie look)
- Sprinkle generously with coarse sea salt.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
These cookies are best stored in the fridge.
Happy (heat-less) baking!