I don’t know why I love reading about what people carry around with them everyday, but I do. I always find it so interesting to see what is deemed important enough to stash in your bag. I figure if I am intrigued by these kinds of posts, maybe some of you guys are too – which leads me to “What’s In Ellepottsie’s Bag” version 1.0.1. My beautiful Chloé Marcie Satchel Bag, a gift from my Aunt for my 25th birthday.
2. A bottle of essie polish. The colour changes depending on my manicure – you never know when you’ll need a quick touch up.
3. A mini tube of hand cream – that sometimes doubles as face cream. I love this L’Occitane moisturizer, it is a bit of a splurge but a little goes a long way.
4. Nail file – I don’t think this needs any explanation.
5. Band-aids. I only recently started stocking these in my purse – thank goodness I did. When nasty blisters appear these bad boys have been saving my life. Am I being dramatic?
6. A wallet- this is where the magic happens. By magic, what I really mean is a disappearing act, one day it is full of money, the next – there is nothing. This Marc by Marc Jacobs wallet has been my go to for over 3 years now – it is the perfect size, unfortunately they don’t make them like this anymore.
7. Daily planner and a pen. For some reason writing things down is much more satisfying then scheduling appointments in my phone. Call me old school, but it is the only way I can keep track of things.
8. Ray-ban Clubmaster Shades – thanks Dad for the best belated birthday present. Perfect for sunny days, buggy bike rides, hungover brunches and looking fly.
9. I always carry at least one tube of lip chap – usually Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. It is natural, fresh scented and very moisturizing – can’t go wrong with that.
10. A hair tie. Better safe than sorry, who knows when hair disaster might strike and you don’t want to be stuck without anything to tame your mane.
11. A massive set of keys. I wish someone would come up with a universal FOB system to get rid of these bulky pieces of metal, although there are probably a lot of issues with that idea.
12. Brush-on cuticle oil. As a nail junkie, this is an essential item that goes everywhere with me – sometimes hand cream isn’t enough to soothe hang nails or cuticle snags. Sure, call me high maintenance – but it works.
Only one item is missing from this photo – my trusty [and busted] iPhone. It is a bit tough to take a picture of it while using it to take the picture – I’m sure you get the idea.
What are some of your everyday purse essentials?