It’s Friday and the heat in Ottawa is out of control – I can tell this is going to be a great weekend! But before that, I wanted to reflect on some silver linings of the week. I am linking up with the lovely Lauren Elizabeth for this post – if you haven’t checked her out, you definitely should.
1. First crack at healthy nanaimo bars. They may look a little strange but they taste great!
2. Early morning runs. Despite the heat I have been making it out on all my training runs. This morning I was lucky enough to run by a man gardening who offered to spray me with the hose as I ran by – what a lifesaver. He totally made my day!
3. Brain exercises. I love to do the “jumbles” in the morning paper – I like to think it keeps me sharp.
4. Me time ! Yes I look like a swamp monster, no I am not ashamed.
5. Living in the Nation’s Capital. Not only is it an absolutely beautiful city, we have some of the most interesting landmarks here – including the Parliament buildings. In the summer after dark, there is a free sound and light show [Mosaika] which explore Canada’s physical, historical and cultural landscapes.
That’s all for now – see you on Monday friends!